Why hire me?
The benefits of my supplier quality services
Cost savings and convenience
Direct cost savings
If you are situated outside of the European region—for example, in the USA, Canada or Asia—the travel and associated costs of having me carry out work with European suppliers at their premises are much lower than sending one of your own employees from your home base. These costs are particularly low when dealing with suppliers located in the United Kingdom.
Setting travel costs aside, hiring an independent contractor to perform these services is typically less expensive than maintaining your own staff for the purpose, because
- you only need to hire me when you need me;
- you have none of the overheads associated with retaining a permanent employee.
Closeness to European supply base
Being geographically close to your European suppliers means I can probably reach them faster than anyone from your own organisation, if you are located outside of the region. But as well as being geographically close to European suppliers, I am also culturally close—I am familiar with the way firms are organised and business is conducted in several European countries, and I understand their historical and national perspectives.
Release of resources
This is a benefit to clients within Europe as much as it is to those outside. Regardless of the travel costs associated with having your own staff visit vendors, it can take valuable people out of your organisation for a period of time, which perhaps you can ill afford. Hiring an independent specialist to undertake supplier quality assurance services on your behalf releases those human resources to be put to better use in your own business.
Specialist knowledge and experience
You might simply not have the necessary skills and expertise available within your organisation to conduct source inspection, quality system audits, process audits and other supplier quality assurance activities. I can offer more than 25 years of vendor liaison, surveillance and quality improvement experience.
Conduct and ethics
I set out to conduct my business fairly, impartially, in an ethical and proper manner, and in full compliance with UK law. In carrying out my business, professionalism and integrity underlie all my relationships with clients, suppliers and business associates.
I will carry out any project or assignment wholly in accordance with any agreement I make with you, including any reports, progress meetings and reviews required during the life of the project.
I impose on myself an ethical code of conduct governing my professional practices:
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence and objectivity.
- I will keep information and records of client assignments confidential and will not disclose such information and records without the client’s permission.
- I will not engage in any activity that might create a conflict of interest for my clients or myself. I will not allow conflicts of interest that provide an advantage to one client through use of confidential information from another client who is a direct competitor.
- I will not engage in conduct or activity that may raise questions about a client’s honesty, impartiality or professionalism; or might otherwise cause embarrassment to the client or malign its reputation.
- I will only accept assignments for which I am qualified by my knowledge, experience and competence.
- I will immediately acknowledge any influences on my objectivity to my clients and will offer to withdraw from an assignment when my objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- I will protect all assets owned by my clients or their suppliers and subcontractors, and use them only for appropriate approved activities.
- I will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- I will follow all restrictions by my clients and their suppliers or subcontractors on the use and disclosure of their proprietary information, and will take all reasonable steps to protect such information.
- I will not take advantage of confidential information for my own benefit.
- I will agree independently and in advance the basis for my fees and expenses, and the payment terms and arrangements.
- I will charge fees and expenses that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services I deliver and the responsibility I accept.